I've grown yellow courgettes this year, which would look lovely in this tart. And the result would be great for a light supper with a salad or in your lunchbox the next day.
Thanks to Chris for sending us this one.
Courgette, pea and parmesan tart
You will need:
- 375g pack puff pastry, ready rolled, removed from fridge one hour before
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200g soft white cheese
- juice 1 small lemon
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 60g frozen peas
- 3 courgettes peeled into ribbons
- 6 spring onions roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C, gas mark 6.
- Unroll pastry and mark out border with knife, about 2 cms inside rim.
- With knife, cross hatch borders and brush with egg.
- Mix together the soft cheese, lemon juice and half the parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper and spread over pastry.
- Press peas into tart. Pile on courgettes, scatter spring onions and remaining parmesan.
- Drizzle with oil and bake for 20 mins.